Cannot display map

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:33 PM
Mike

This looks like a great webpart.

I have deployed the soultion and activated the feature but when I add it to a page the map will not display. I have entered my API key and set a longitude and latitude value but all that displays is the web part description and no map.

Any ideas as this has the potential to be a huge web part.

Zeb
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Hi Zeb,

Glad you like the webpart.

When I was testing this before releasing it, I found that a good way to test the output of the page is to take the javascript from the code and bung it into a content editor on a different page.  That'll probably give us more of an idea where the problem is.  Either that or you can post the Javascript here and I'll see if I can see where the issue is.

I think that a "Preview Javascript" button will make it into a later realease.

Mike
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM
I'm running into the same issue, where after I add and deploy the solution, I add the webpart to my page and nothing shows up except the chrome.  I tried changing the webpart height and width which expanded the box around it, but there was nothing inside.

I really like the concept of the webpart and would love for it to work.  It does seem like there are several people that are having this same issue, so I don't know if there is something else that you left out when it comes to installing or what.

Also, for a feature suggestion, it would be neat if we could use address, city, state, zip information from a list to display points instead of just lat/long.

Thanks,
Chris
Oct 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM
Does this Webpart works finally ?

I can't get any map.. I'm quite sure about the configuration (following the "how-to")..

It's a shame, it looks really great. thanks to the developer for the contribution.
But would be better if it works... :)

Oct 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM
has anyone found a solution for this problem yet?
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM
I made it work!

I can now display the map. Just add the following to your CSS page:

#map
{
float:left;
width:70%;
height:500px;
}

#side_bar
{
float:right;
width:28%;
overflow:scroll;
}

#directions
{
height:300px;
}

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:10 AM
 tabe8jedi

how i can find CSS file?!
what his name?
Feb 1, 2010 at 8:17 AM

tabe8jedi, thank you very much.
you saved my day.

I just dropped that code in a content editor web part's source editor with a <script> tag.

<style>
#map
{
float:left;
width:70%;
}

#side_bar
{
float:right;
width:28%;
}

#directions
{
height:300px;
}
</style>

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM

That would be a style tag then. ;)

Although the CEWP solution works it is not standards compliant. I recommend adding the styles to the custom CSS file for your masterpage(s).