Google Maps Web Part doesn't show up in web part gallery.

Sep 29, 2008 at 11:10 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2008 at 11:10 PM
  1. Downloaded the latest version of Google Maps for Sharepoint.
  1. Installed and Deployed per instructions.
  2. Each iteration completed successfully.
  3. Although we installed and deployed from stsadm.exe - ensured that Admin Services was enabled
  4. Reset IIS.

Web Part doesn't show up at all in gallery, nor search results.  Install and Troubleshooint steps listed above.

Thanks,
Rich

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2008 at 3:09 PM
i am also having this issue. Cannot see the webpart in the list of available web parts even though each step of the install completed successfully?!

i've ensured that publishing is enabled on the site i wish to use the part on, however it's just not in the gallery at all. Any help appreciated.

CT

Oct 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM
I am new to sharepoint but you can add this web part by going to the top level site and then going to modify all site settings. Once there select Web parts under Galleries and then select new, Scroll down until you see the web part. Select it and then at the top select populate Gallery, once done you can go to the your sharpoint page and add the web part. This worked for me but the google map does not show up.
Oct 6, 2008 at 10:39 AM
thanks DanBDubai!

i've now managed to get the webpart into the gallery list by following your instructions. However, i am unable to see it at any level apart from root.
I've populated a list with some geocode data and attached this to the webpart. Everything looks good in the settings, however i am not seeing the map at all. This could be due to the fact that my sharepoint server is currently unable to access the internet. My client machines are also unable to render the map and they can see the internet, so i'm not sure what the cause of the issue is now :(