One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:31 PM
I installed the latest version in our MOSS installation.  I was able to add the web part and link it to a list; however, I get the following error when I try to modify the web part:

One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.

I don't see any information in the event viewer.  Any ideas what might cause this problem?

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Are you using your own list or the default one?  This link is probably worth reading
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/88c908c2-8b91-4d7e-84ce-5a17f3224ebe/
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:32 PM
I made my own list and that was unsuccessful.  I deleted the list and then created a new list based on the instructions in the Word document.  I no longer get this error (after I am using the default list).  I populated the list web part and put the map web part on a page.  I do not see a map appearing.  The web part is there with the list of locations and the map controls, but no map.  Any ideas what to check?  I don't see any error messages or events in the event log that would help.
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Looks like the issue is that you need to use "Google Maps for Enterprise" as I am on an intranet site for development.  I guess I could use and AAM and expose the site with different security to the web.  Thoughts?