Info Bubble Size

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I have two sites, both WSS 3.0, using this webpart. With one site the info bubble resizes based on the information displayed. The other site the info bubble stays the same and some of the information, like the directions link are outside the bubble.

The sites are: http://support.wincomtec.com and the other is http://beth2009.csclivenet.net (select the Map & Directions link on the Quick Launch)

Does anyone have any ideas on what causes this and how to fix it.

Chris Malley

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Hi Chris, Do you have any custom css on the pages? I think that could be the cause. I'm having a few problems rendering the pages in Firefox. I'm wondering if you have any custom div or td styles that are being inheritted between the different sites. Mike
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Thanks for the reply. As a test I applied the same default masterpage from support.wincomtec.com to beth2009.csclivenet and the info balloons expand to show the content. So I will be looking at the CSS files for each masterpage to see if I can figure it out. Do you have any hints on what to look for? Is it possible that it could be something else in the masterpage? I have added a content editor webpart with the css code as contained in other discussions for this webpart. I had to do this in order for the map to display.

On a side note I've found a way to make the text in the description field (from a list) appear on multiple lines. I saw this issue mentioned in some of the other discussions. Whereever I want a line break I simply add "</br>". This is what I used to display the information on Win.Com technologies. I thought you might want to pass this on.

Chris Malley

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hi Chris,

Google maps uses div tags to display its maps and a table to display the info bubble.  Normally when things like this, or navigation or anything, don't expand to fit the area you expect them to - its normally because of a float:left or position:relative tag.

Mike